A proud day as I stand at the NASDAQ where Professional Diversity Network (NASDAQ: IPDN), the company of which I am honored to be President, is publicly traded.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… I never want to take for granted how rare it is that one gets to wake up in the morning and know for certain that – Today I will change a woman’s life for the better by providing her with employment opportunity and access.
It is with great pride that I announce to all of you that this week the National Association of Professional Women merged with Professional Diversity Network (PDN). As a result of this merger, I have also become the President of PDN – and will have the privilege, honor and humbling responsibility of joining the small circle of African-American women in the US leading a public company.
As President of PDN, I will continue to lead a team dedicated to supporting and advocating for women and all diverse Americans utilizing the collective strength of our affiliate companies, members, partners, technology and unique proprietary platform to set the standard in business diversity recruiting, networking and professional development for women, minorities, veterans, LGBT and disabled persons nationally. I take this responsibility very seriously as I steadfastly believe that diversity improves the performance of businesses and public boards of directors across all industries.
What does the PDN / NAPW merger mean for you as an NAPW member? It means opportunities to the max for career and personal success! It means…
- Expansion of NAPW benefits that will offer you numerous new career opportunities
- More networking opportunities with PDN’s over 3 million women and diverse members
- Opportunity to become an NAPW Certified Women-Owned Business and be recognized and searchable in the NAPW Certified Women-Owned Business Supplier Resource Center
- Ability to promote yourself through your online career profile on the new NAPW Career Network
- Exposure for job seekers through inclusion in the NAPW Talent Community, making you searchable and accessible to NAPW partner corporate recruiters
- Personal resume critiques
- Customized career alerts straight to your inbox
- Custom resume tool to help you maximize your interview potential and provide greater resume exposure
- Career Assessment tools such as a personal session with an NAPW Profile Advisor, networking coaching, support services and more!
I told you that 2014 was our Year of Action. And, I took action this year to take all of you to new heights of success and achievement. If you think 2014 was something, wait until 2015! The sampling of new benefits above is only the beginning! You ain’t seen nothin’ yet!
As my friend and pastor Dr. A.R. Bernard has taught me… you really don’t know your purpose until you’re walking in it. I’m walking in mine right now and it is Awesome… Inspiring… and Humbling.
It is my honor and privilege to invite all of you to step inside the NAPW Networking Circle (which has expanded now through our merger with PDN, so there’s plenty of room; don’t be shy!), follow your destiny with me and walk in our purpose together… a purpose so profound as to change the lives of generations to come.
Here’s to you! Here’s to women! Here’s to diversity!
Share your comments below.
About Professional Diversity Network (PDN)
PDN develops and operates online professional networking communities dedicated to serving diverse professionals in the United States and employers seeking to hire diverse talent. PDN’s networking communities harness its relationship recruitment methodology to facilitate and empower professional networking within common affinities. PDN believes that those within a common affinity often are more aggressive in helping others within their respective group progress professionally. PDN operates its relationship recruitment affinity groups within the following sectors: Women, Hispanic Americans, African Americans, Asian Americans, Disabled, Military Professionals, Lesbians, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) and Students and Graduates seeking to transition from education to career. PDN’s online platform provides employers a means to identify and acquire diverse talent and assist them with their efforts to comply with the Equal Employment Opportunity Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program.