Stay current and in-the-know about NAPW announcements, upcoming events, social media and more.
We hope you had a great time networking and being inspired at our recent Power Networking Event in San Jose, CA.
Here are some notable event highlights:
June 2nd – San Jose
Left Bank Brasserie, Santana Row
The setting on Santana Row was gorgeous and the atmosphere was electric! We kicked off the event outdoors at Santana Row Park with networking in the sun led by Didi MacDonald, President of the Walnut Creek Local Chapter.
Everyone worked up their appetites networking, so the group took a break to enjoy a delicious lunch at Left Bank. Cynthia Denny, President of the San Jose Local Chapter introduced the illustrious host of the event, NAPW President Star Jones who moderated “The Power of One” panel.”
Pictured above from left to right: Karie Bennet, Owner, Atelier Salon; Star Jones, President, NAPW; and Robyn Sue Fisher, Owner, Smitten Ice Cream.
“The Power of One”
Exciting, Educational, Inspiring! The panel included two successful entrepreneurs in the local area who shared their personal and professional stories, advice and wisdom. We got to learn all about the beauty industry from Karie Bennet and how her passion for hair began at a very young age. And Robyn Sue Fisher gave us the “scoop” about running an ice cream business and how she patented her own ice cream machine.
Thanks to everyone who attended the San Jose Power Networking Event!
Special thanks to all our VIP Member Showcase participants:
VIP, Elite and Preferred Members:
Our Next Feature Story Could Feature YOU!
We always love to hear inspiring tips, advice and experiences from our members! For our upcoming features, we’re looking for stories on the following topic:
Are you an Entrepreneur?
Share the story behind your business. How does your personal passion intertwine with your career?
VIP, Elite and Preferred members only. To submit your entry, email email@example.com.
Word count is 350 words max. Please include your full name and a link to your NAPW profile. Your submission will be edited for grammar and consistency.
You Deserve a Promotion!
Promote your Business to more than 850,000 NAPW Members.
As an NAPW VIP member and business owner, we think you deserve a promotion! NAPW’s Member Marketplace is the perfect marketing tool to promote your business or service online to 850,000+ NAPW members. Offer member-to-member discounts, gain valuable exposure and enhance your brand recognition. A benefit for VIP members only, Member Marketplace will help grow your business and power your success:
- Categorized by industry
- Custom graphic links to your website
- Reach members nationwide
Click here to Sign Up your Business.
Register for upcoming NAPW Power Networking Events!
- Connect with NAPW members and meet professional women in a variety of industries
- Get an update from NAPW President Star Jones on the “State of NAPW”
- Be inspired at “The Power of One” panel and join Star as she conducts exclusive, one-on-one interviews with professional women who have made an impact in their community
- Find your next big opportunity!
University of Houston Alumni Association
O’Quinn Great Hall
Tuesday, June 14th
6pm – 8pm
For all event questions, contact NAPW at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you there!
Attend a Diversity Career Fair!
NAACP National Convention Diversity Career Fair
Duke Energy Convention Center
Tuesday, July 19th
NUL National Conference & Career Fair
Baltimore Convention Center
Thursday, August 4th – Saturday, August 6th
NAPW & Professional Diversity Network are excited to present:
INTELLIGENT RECRUITING TOOLS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Attract over one million new job seekers in a month!
PDN Recruits is changing the way recruiting services work. Recruiters now have a central location to manage all of their recruiting needs, bringing job seekers directly to recruiters and placing the right jobs in front of job seekers.
Here’s how it works:
FIND QUALITY CANDIDATES IN 3 EASY STEPS
- Step 1: POST OPEN POSITIONS – Provide a job title, description and location for available positions in your organization
- Step 2: WATCH THE MAGIC HAPPEN – PDN’s cutting-edge matching technology reaches hundreds of job websites across the internet, professional networking organizations and search engines to find active and passive job seekers in your desired area. PDN personally sources and pre-qualifies candidates through advanced applicant assessment and evaluation
- Step 3: DELIVER – Applications show up in an easy-to-use applicant management system
Begin Your Free Trial Today
No Contracts. Cancel or Upgrade Anytime.
Create your Pathway to Success with our Operation Graduate Program!
NAPW members now have the opportunity to advance or complete their education at a fully accredited, nonprofit partner college or university through our educational partner, myFootpath, and its Operation Graduate program. Exclusive program features include:
- Free Education Counselor – Gain one-on-one academic advice and access to helpful education resources.
- Career Credit Assessment – Convert professional experience and training courses into academic credits.
- Unique Scholarship Opportunity – Apply for the NAPW Operation Graduate Scholarship for up to $2,000 towards a degree for yourself and family members aged 22 and older.
- Flexible Learning Options – Learn online or onsite at traditional campuses at partner institutions across the country.
- Career-Focused Education – Select from a wide range of degree programs and fields of study.
- Save Time and Money – NAPW members may complete their degree 40% faster with accelerated degree options and save as much as $6,500 in tuition.
Learn more now or Call 1-844-OPGRAD2 (674-7232).
Attention All NAPW BizWomen . . .
Take Advantage of our Partnership with bizwomen.com!
Bizwomen.com delivers the latest news focused on shaping women’s careers, developing your business, improving your bottom line and enhancing your lives. Even better, you’ll find additional NAPW blogs on bizwomen every week! While you’re there, sign up for The Business Journals newsletter to receive the latest news, original reporting, trend analysis and profiles of leading entrepreneurs. With around-the-clock, coast-to-coast coverage, you’ll connect with women who define leadership.
NAPW is proud to have Bizwomen in its family of partners!
EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS FOR NAPW MEMBERS INCLUDE:
(Benefits may vary depending on Membership Level)
Network with more than 850,000 Professionals
Member Spotlight Interview in Newsletter
on Fine Products & Services
NAPW Career Center
NAPW National Networking Summit Series
Membership in NAPW Pays for Itself!
“Be part of America’s largest, most powerful network for professional women.”
—Star Jones, President, NAPW
Shout it from the Rooftops!
Share Your Success with the NAPW Network!
We are excited to introduce a new section of our Member Connections newsletter, NAPW Applause, where we feature the accomplishments and success stories of NAPW members.
Simply provide us with information about your recent success, for example:
- Completed a degree or certification
- Landed a new job, received a raise or promotion
- Created a philanthropic initiative
- Started your own business
- Received an award or honor for work in the community
- Other accomplishments you would like to share
Please complete this form to be considered for inclusion in our newsletter.
Your success may also be applauded on our NAPW social media channels.
GET SOCIAL on NAPW Social Media!
Let’s Talk! We want to hear all about your NAPW experiences for a chance to be featured on our social media sites.
Share your NAPW ‘Win’
Tell us how NAPW has helped you professionally.
Tell us why you ♥ NAPW
Share your NAPW Testimonial with us.
Email submissions to socialmedia@NAPW.com.
Connect with the NAPW Foundation on Social Media
Great News! You can connect with the NAPW Foundation and find out all the latest updates, news and information regarding our philanthropic partners—the American Heart Association, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Dress for Success and Girls Inc.—as well as Local Chapter monthly themed charitable initiatives and so much more!
Remember to “like us” on Facebook and “follow us” on Twitter while you’re there.
NAPW Member Spotlights Hit the Web!
Select VIP, Elite and Preferred members spotlighted in our Member Connections newsletter now have the chance to be featured on NAPW’s social media channels.
Feel inspired by what you see? Be sure to Like, Share and Re-Tweet.