Stay current and in-the-know about NAPW announcements,
We hope you had a great time networking and being inspired at our recent Power Networking Event in Houston, TX.
Here are some notable event highlights:
June 14th – Houston
University of Houston Alumni Association
Our Power Networking Event was hosted by University of Houston Law Center, NAPW President, Star Jones’ old stomping grounds where her career in law began. Star took to the podium to say a few words about the importance of continual learning:
“Learning doesn’t just end when you get a degree,” said Star. “I like to look at continuing education as a life-long learning philosophy—a commitment to enlighten, enrich and empower yourself, always.”
Pictured above: Star Jones, NAPW President on”The Power of One” panel (left); panelist Sondra R. Tennessee, Associate Dean for Student Affairs of University of Houston Law Center (top right); and panelist Victoria Ai Linh Bryant, Founder and President of Ambassadors Caregivers (bottom right).
“The Power of One”
Exciting, Educational, Inspiring! “The Power of One” panel moderated by Star included Sondra R. Tennessee, Associate Dean for Student Affairs of University of Houston Law Center and Victoria Ai Linh Bryant, Founder and President of Ambassadors Caregivers. In the one-on-one interviews, Star and panelists discussed topics, including self-education, financial literacy and how to balance career/continuing education and everything in between.
It was a great evening – tons of connections made!!
Thanks to everyone who attended the Houston Power Networking Event!
Special thanks to all our VIP Member Showcase participants:
Register for upcoming NAPW Power Networking Events!
- Connect with NAPW members and meet professional women in a variety of industries
- Get an update from NAPW President Star Jones on the “State of NAPW”
- Be inspired at “The Power of One” panel and join Star as she conducts exclusive, one-on-one interviews with professional women who have made an impact in their community
- Find your next big opportunity!
Power Networking Events are Taking a Summer Break!
Be sure to keep checking our announcements section for upcoming event information.
For all event questions, contact NAPW at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Create your Pathway to Success with our Operation Graduate Program!
NAPW members now have the opportunity to advance or complete their education at a fully accredited, nonprofit partner college or university through our educational partner, myFootpath, and its Operation Graduate program. Exclusive program features include:
- Free Education Counselor – Gain one-on-one academic advice and access to helpful education resources.
- Career Credit Assessment – Convert professional experience and training courses into academic credits.
- Unique Scholarship Opportunity – Apply for the NAPW Operation Graduate Scholarship for up to $2,000 towards a degree for yourself and family members aged 22 and older.
- Flexible Learning Options – Learn online or onsite at traditional campuses at partner institutions across the country.
- Career-Focused Education – Select from a wide range of degree programs and fields of study.
- Save Time and Money – NAPW members may complete their degree 40% faster with accelerated degree options and save as much as $6,500 in tuition.
Learn more now or Call 1-844-OPGRAD2 (674-7232).
Attention All NAPW BizWomen . . .
Take Advantage of our Partnership with bizwomen.com!
Bizwomen.com delivers the latest news focused on shaping women’s careers, developing your business, improving your bottom line and enhancing your lives. Even better, you’ll find additional NAPW blogs on bizwomen every week! While you’re there, sign up for The Business Journals newsletter to receive the latest news, original reporting, trend analysis and profiles of leading entrepreneurs. With around-the-clock, coast-to-coast coverage, you’ll connect with women who define leadership.
NAPW is proud to have Bizwomen in its family of partners!
Shout it from the Rooftops!
Share Your Success with the NAPW Network!
We are excited to introduce a new section of our Member Connections newsletter, NAPW Applause, where we feature the accomplishments and success stories of NAPW members.
Simply provide us with information about your recent success, for example:
- Completed a degree or certification
- Landed a new job, received a raise or promotion
- Created a philanthropic initiative
- Started your own business
- Received an award or honor for work in the community
- Other accomplishments you would like to share
Please complete this form to be considered for inclusion in our newsletter.
Your success may also be applauded on our NAPW social media channels.
GET SOCIAL on NAPW Social Media!
Let’s Talk! We want to hear all about your NAPW experiences for a chance to be featured on our social media sites.
Share your NAPW ‘Win’
Tell us how NAPW has helped you professionally.
Tell us why you ♥ NAPW
Share your NAPW Testimonial with us.
Email submissions to socialmedia@NAPW.com.
Connect with the NAPW Foundation on Social Media
Great News! You can connect with the NAPW Foundation and find out all the latest updates, news and information regarding our philanthropic partners—the American Heart Association, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Dress for Success and Girls Inc.—as well as Local Chapter monthly themed charitable initiatives and so much more!
Remember to “like us” on Facebook and “follow us” on Twitter while you’re there.
NAPW Member Spotlights Hit the Web!
Select VIP, Elite and Preferred members spotlighted in our Member Connections newsletter now have the chance to be featured on NAPW’s social media channels.
Feel inspired by what you see? Be sure to Like, Share and Re-Tweet.