Chicago, IL │Los Angeles, CA │New York, NY
The countdown has begun, and we’re only one week away from the last stop on our three-city Summit tour. Our New York Summit is set to take place at the Metropolitan Pavilion on Friday, November 6, 2015.
In Chicago, we took the “Windy City” by storm at the beautiful Lakeview Terrace at the Navy Pier. In Los Angeles, we rocked it in the Santa Monica Mountains at the Skirball Cultural Center. And now, we’re bringing it to the city where your networking opportunities never sleep.
If you haven’t registered, you can do so HERE. Don’t miss this event—it’s going to be great!
The NAPW team is so excited to present an inspiring and motivational day of networking. But before you dive into your jam-packed agenda of Summit activities, start your day by having lunch with yours truly at the NAPW Foundation Luncheon—commencing the Summit at 11am EST. Connect with like-minded professional women in an intimate networking setting while you enjoy a lovely catered meal and learn all about the power of giving back. Feed your philanthropic appetite with an exclusive presentation from Judy Smith, author, television producer, expert in crisis management and public relations, and the inspiration behind ABC’s hit show SCANDAL—and our Summit’s Keynote Speaker.
We’ll also have a special presenter on behalf of one of NAPW’s four philanthropic partners—the American Heart Association, Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Dress for Success and Girls Inc.—who will update us on the latest research, programs and initiatives. Tickets for the Luncheon are $75 per person and ALL proceeds will support the NAPW Foundation. Seating is limited, so be sure to reserve your spot!
Networking allows you to increase your professional connections and take your career to the next level. I know that it’s easy to get overwhelmed with the hustle and bustle of a large event, so I’ve put together a quick list of things to do to make sure you get the most out of your Summit experience.
BEFORE THE FUN BEGINS . . .
- Plan and Strategize – View the Summit Agenda and plan your day! Prepare what you want to say and the questions you’ll want to ask. Make sure to organize a few simple conversation starters such as, “Where do you work?” “How did you get started in your industry?” “Tell me more about what you do.” Remember, it’s not a race to get everyone’s business cards— it’s about making connections that lead lasting relationships. Your goal is to have a mutually beneficial outcome.
- Perfect Your Pitch – Think of it as a 30-second commercial about yourself. If you’re not sure where to start, read my tips to get yourself in pitch-perfect shape. After you’ve written your speech down, practice saying it aloud. Add a memorable touch by including a unique (but not too personal) tidbit about yourself that will set you apart from others.
- Dress to Impress – Carefully plan the professional image you want to project for a powerful first impression. Keep in mind you are marketing yourself—and the first thing they’re going to see is what you are wearing. Stay comfortable, be confident and impress them all with your style.
DURING THE SUMMIT . . .
- Just Meet-Up! – Throughout the event, there will be unique Meet-Ups where attendees can meet people affiliated with their industry and take part in a fun speed-networking session. Bring your business cards and get ready to network. Don’t be afraid to extend your hand and say, “Hello!”
- Go to the Mall – The NAPW Mall is where it’s at! There, you can check out great products and services provided by top national and local exhibitors and learn about NAPW members’ businesses at the VIP Member Showcase.
- Make Career Connections – Whether you’re actively looking for a new opportunity or you’re just interested in making new professional contacts, the Career Pavilion is where you can network with prominent national and local recruiters and employers.
- Get Inspired by our Speakers – At the NYC Summit, we’re hosting not one, but two “Whole Woman Power Panels.” Learn how to create business, career, education, health and financial success from our extraordinary panel of distinguished women leaders as they discuss their experiences, insights and wisdom. For a complete line-up of speakers, click here.
AFTER THE SUMMIT . . .
- Continue your Connections – Maintain and nurture the connections you make because they could change your life forever. Check in with your new contacts periodically and stay in touch. THAT is what the Power of Networking is all about!
- Do Your Homework – Research the people you networked with and their companies. From there, you’ll have a more comprehensive understanding of what they do and, ultimately, what they may be able to do for you and vice-versa.
- Follow-Up – Send your new contacts an email thanking them for connecting with you at the Summit. Be sure to reference what you spoke about so they remember you and make plans to meet or speak again in the near future.
This is it, ladies! The last Summit of 2015. Make those connections count!
See you there!
Are you attending the NYC Summit? Share your networking strategy and what you’re looking forward to most at the event.