Welcome to ‘BeConnected,’ where I’ll discuss important details from our most recent eChapter events and keep our members informed on upcoming events before they happen.
The NAPW eChapter is our fastest growing Chapter! More than 1,000+ professional women from all over the country register for our bi-weekly events. Register now for our next eChapter meeting on Wednesday, June 15th at 4pm where we’ll discuss The Art of Negotiating.
NAPW President Star Jones and I enjoy connecting with members from all over the country and discussing important topics that impact professional women. At our latest events, we discussed the hows and whys of networking and how to get a seat at the table.
Here’s a quick roundup of recent events:
Marti showed us the “Rapid Release Process,” a simple exercise to help alleviate insecurity and fear from stage fright. Watch the full replay here.
Recommended Read: Networking for People Who Hate Networking by Devora Zack
Dawn’s 3 Tips on How to Dress for a Networking Event:
- Know your Audience: Call the event facilitator and ask about dress code
- Dress with Confidence: Wear something that makes you feel great
- Coordinate Color: Black hides a lot, but don’t be afraid to add a pop of color; e.g., a necklace, earrings, scarf, camisole, etc.
Recommended Read: How to Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Leann’s 3 Key Elements to Successful Networking:
- Relationship Mindset: Build genuine relationships over time
- Personal Presence: Show up with confidence and humility
- Be Curious: Ask open-ended questions and be an active listener
Recommended Read: The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
Kathie Callahan Brady
President & CEO
Frederick Innovation Technology Center Inc.
“Getting at the table happens behind the scenes before you actually get there.”
Kathie’s 3 Behind-the-Scenes Tips:
- Join a Peer Group
- Enhance your skillset with Continual Learning
- Develop Relationships
Recommended Read: The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller
Director, Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) Practice
“Getting a seat at the table means being an essential player on the team.”
LaQuita’s 3 Tips to be an Essential Player:
- Tap into the issues and offer solutions to problems
- Actively refresh your skills with continual learning
- Look for creative ways to do things differently
Recommended Read: The Speed of Trust by Stephen M.R. Covey
Director, Human Resources
Silvia’s 3 Tips on How to Keep Your Seat:
- Know your Business: Understand your industry and your company
- Make Decisions with Data: Prove with numbers that your ideas will work
- Be Coachable: Be willing to learn more from the people you work with
Recommended Reads: The Trust Edge by David Horsager; Good to Great by James Collins; Leading from the Front: No-Excuse Leadership Tactics for Women by Angie Morgan & Courtney Lynch
Watch all of our eChapter meetings from the beginning! Subscribe to the NAPW eChapter YouTube Channel.
Network with more than 17,000 members at NAPW eChapter events.
Join the NAPW eChapter today. Our bi-weekly virtual meetings are connecting professional women across the country and around the world – bringing the power of networking directly to their desktops, tablets and mobile devices.